Analytics Engineer (Washington, DC or New York, NY)
Bully Pulpit Interactive (BPI) is a marketing and communications agency with offices in Washington, DC, New York, Chicago and San Francisco. We are looking for an Analytics Engineer to join our rapidly growing BPI Labs team in either our DC or New York offices. The Labs team is BPI’s tech and product development arm – responsible for campaign analysis using our proprietary Vantage survey platform, and broader measurement and targeting tools that builds on top of our custom data infrastructure.
We are looking for someone with a broad range of data analysis, visualization and critical thinking skills to help us build out products that both support and expand the scope of the advertising questions that our team can answer. We’re on the leading (occasionally bleeding) edge of ad technology, and the learning curve is quick and steep. We need people who are ready to solve problems and apply a data-driven mindset to what we do for our clients.
• Building tools and services that enhance and distribute campaign performance data to internal and external stakeholders
• Driving the agency’s sophistication on how we plan, deliver, and analyze marketing campaigns
• Inform our team’s POV on ways to integrate existing and custom products to solve business problems
• Gather user feedback on new tools and processes and help to scale that feedback into our product stack
• You have demonstrated experience combining, standardizing and telling a story from data sets that are large and complicated
• Demonstrated expertise and a philosophy on building workflows that inform decision-making for less technical audiences
• Familiarity with possibilities and limitations of coding languages that tell a story. Specifically, intermediate proficiency in one or more of the following:
o Relational Database Analysis – SQL
o Data Analysis – R or Python
o Data Visualization – R, D3 Gephi
o BI Tools – Tableau, Datorama, Domo, Looker
• You can aggressively scope a MVP vs. a full product – and think about the distance to the end goal in terms of iterative releases
• Experience with storing, analyzing, and enhancing CRM data
• You like coming to work every day and collaborating with a team of people as driven as you are
• You’re comfortable working with other teams and clients who may be in other cities across the country
• You’re motivated to solve problems on behalf of an incredibly diverse set of clients, from progressive political organizations to Fortune 500 companies to non-profit and advocacy organizations
Nice to Have Additions:
• Expertise in one or more of the languages above
• UX and UI skills, and experience building web interfaces for displaying interactive visual insights
• Familiarity with the advertising ecosystem (digital and otherwise)
• Experience designing, implementing and analyzing randomized controlled experiments
Location: Washington, DC or New York, NY
Employee Status: Full-Time.
Salary: Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Bully Pulpit Interactive is an equal opportunity employer.
Benefits: BPI offers a competitive benefits package including health care and 401K benefits.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Bully Pulpit Interactive provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants for employment regardless of gender identity, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status, matriculation, personal appearance, genetic information or other protected group status.