Assistant Media Planner (Washington, DC or New York, NY)
We are looking for an assistant media planner for immediate hire who can contribute to planning, launching, optimization and reporting of all media campaigns while adhering to BPI’s quality standards. We want applicants who are hungry to try new things, improve existing processes, and drive the marketing and communications strategy for our clients, both political and corporate.
• In coordination with Media Planner and Associate Media Director, manage vendor communications, Requests For Proposals (RFPs) or Information (RFIs), and negotiate rates, terms and conditions, added value, etc.
• Work with the team to research and build media plans, book buys, create IOs, etc.
• Create supporting documents (e.g. flowcharts, decks, pacing docs, etc.) per BPI’s campaign management process.
• Monitor campaign performance daily to optimize campaigns and ensure they achieve client goals and media KPIs.
• Create internal and external facing reporting throughout the campaign providing insights and initial analysis as well as a wrap-up deck once a campaign has ended.
• Assistant Media Planners will have the responsibility, once trained, to strategize, implement, optimize, and report on all stages of small advertising campaigns.
• Background/experience in advertising, marketing, social media, fundraising, email and/or politics
• Passion for technology, advertising and Democratic politics
• Desire to analyze data and work toward actionable outcomes
• Proven ability to meet pre-determined deadlines
• Demonstrated aptitude with numbers and analysis
• Values accuracy and fine attention to detail
• Excellent organizational skills and an eye for detail
• Excellent understanding of Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
Helpful to Have:
• Knowledge of at least one of the following: DoubleClick Campaign Manager, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Adwords advertising
• Knowledge of media buying and/or planning principles
• Knowledge of SQL and/or additional coding languages
• 0-1 Years of marketing or advertising experience helpful but not required, can be internship or full-time position
Location: Washington, D.C. or New York, NY
Employee Status: Full-Time
Salary: Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Bully Pulpit Interactive is an equal opportunity employer
Benefits: BPI offers a competitive benefits package including health care and 401k
Submit resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bully Pulpit Interactive provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants for employment regardless of gender identity, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status, matriculation, personal appearance, genetic information or other protected group status.