Associate Director (Washington, DC)
Bully Pulpit Interactive is seeking a full time Associate Director to join our growing team in Washington, DC.
You love a lot of moving pieces and can manage multiple projects simultaneously. You love checking things off your list and finding creative ways to get things done. You are a problem solver. You have a clear point-of-view and are comfortable sharing it with others in meetings, on the phone and in writing. You hold yourself and teams accountable to superior work quality. You can independently manage and inspire a team of digital strategists while working alongside senior leaders to run client engagements.
You would be excited to work at the intersection of politics, issue advocacy and business. Through earned and paid media, you help to shape the news, and when news breaks, you think about how organizations should respond or capitalize on it. You like being in an environment where things constantly change—and you can adapt your plans and your team well to it. You understand how to tell a story from start to finish. You read voraciously about current events and want to use your gifts to be relevant.
We’re looking for someone who understands the “big picture” but also knows how to get their hands dirty (and teach others) to pull reports, launch content programs—including email and social media marketing—and conduct on-site testing.
• Report into a Director/Senior Director
• Independently manage client relationships and an internal team of digital and communications strategists, including day-to-day management of your team’s workload and long-term management of their growth
• Develop integrated digital strategies for non-profits, political and corporate clients. Digital strategy includes both content development and amplification through paid or owned channels.
• Independently manage earned media campaigns to develop and distribute compelling messages leveraging the media and event strategies
• Oversee the creation of editorial calendars to guide a client’s communications strategy
• Independently manage social media campaigns, and help junior team members master platforms and tactics
• Work together with designers, direct marketers, media planners and client managers to provide impactful campaigns for our clients.
• With support of senior leaders, develop proposals to address the needs of potential clients
Required Experience and Skills:
• 6+ years of experience working in an ad agency, communications agency, nonprofit or corporate communications
• An understanding of how to allocate time and resources across a team of digital strategists to ensure clients’ needs are met
• Experience managing and providing clear feedback to team members
• Extremely strong writing skills with experience developing content strategy and managing social media campaigns
• Strong analytical skills and ability to communicate results to senior-level audiences, including experience with independently producing documents and reports consumed by senior-level audiences
• Copywriting skills for earned media and paid/organic digital communications
• Knowledge of social media marketing on platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram
• A firm understanding of marketing objectives, including but not limited to setting ROI goals and ultimately understanding how to measure the success of your campaigns
• Knowledge of CRM platforms such as Salsa, Convio, Hubspot, Salesforce, MailChimp or similar platforms
• Knowledge of AdWords, Bing, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube advertising a plus
• Knowledge of Google Analytics and/or Omnivore
• Hands-on experience training team members
• Experience with email marketing campaigns
Location: Washington, DC
Employee Status: Full-Time.
Salary: Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Bully Pulpit Interactive is an equal opportunity employer. Benefits: BPI offers a competitive benefits package including health care and 401K benefits.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bully Pulpit Interactive provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants for employment regardless of gender identity, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status, matriculation, personal appearance, genetic information or other protected group status.