Associate Media Director (Washington, DC)
Bully Pulpit Interactive (BPI) is a digitally-based marketing and communications agency that wins hearts and changes minds for companies and causes. We communicate without barriers and measure what matters. We specialize in public affairs, corporate reputation and social impact. We simplify the complex, shift public opinion, manage in a crisis, position brands and drive effective global campaigns for our clients. Since we started in 2009, we have applied the lessons of politics to brands and supported over 400 clients across multiple continents.
The Associate Media Director will lead a team of media planners in the conception and delivery of innovative, targeted marketing solutions across a variety of media to reach campaign and client goals.
• Supervise team of media planners, focusing on training and development as well as serving as a positive role model/mentor
• Develop strategies which align with client/campaign objectives and are based on knowledge of internal data sources and past performance
• Work with media planners, ad ops managers, and analysts to ensure media plans deliver upon the agreed strategies and approach
• Demonstrate industry knowledge and be a subject matter expert/resource for client teams and clients
• Delegate appropriately to team members and support plan development and execution when needed
• Review plans and reporting produced by team members to ensure high standards of quality for both planning and execution
• Work with team to manage client/account team requests – i.e. plan changes, budget changes, campaign flighting, and marketplace information
• Promote relationships with vendors and work closely with them to bring new and inventive ideas to the table
• Lead internal meetings with other departments and call on agency resources to strengthen ideas
• Foster a good working relationship across all client teams to facilitate flawless execution of plans
• Present plan recommendations to clients on top agency accounts
• Work closely with Marketing department and account managers on new business
Required Experience and Skills:
• Experience with multiple forms of media including but not limited to: digital, print, TV, OOH, mobile, SEM, and paid social
• Experience working with some or all of the types of clients BPI works with, from political campaigns to nonprofit organizations to FORTUNE 100 companies
• Thrives in fast paced environment, is a self-starter/demonstrates initiative
• Ability to manage multiple projects and delegate/manage Media Planners workload
• A leader that fosters a culture of collaboration and problem solving
• Working knowledge of planning tools (MRI, comScore, eMarketer)
• Microsoft Office software, with advanced proficiency in Excel
• Beginning/intermediate familiarity with SQL a plus
• Previous experience in media planning
• Experience supervising, mentoring, and training a media team.
Employee Status: Full-Time
Salary: Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Benefits: BPI offers a competitive benefits package including health care and 401k benefits
Submit resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bully Pulpit Interactive provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants for employment regardless of gender identity, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status, matriculation, personal appearance, genetic information or other protected group status.