Communications Talent – 4+ Years’ Experience
Bully Pulpit Interactive (BPI) is a digitally based marketing and communications agency that wins hearts and changes minds for companies and causes. We communicate without barriers and measure what matters. BPI specializes in public affairs, corporate reputation and social impact. A growing firm based in Washington DC, New York, Chicago and San Francisco, BPI is looking for a motivated, connected and collaborative communications professional with 4+ years experience to join the growing team in our DC office.
BPI works alongside our clients to bring integrated communications and advertising campaigns to companies and organizations.
A successful candidate will bring significant communications experience to the table, preferably with some time spent on campaigns, in corporate communications, at a PR agency or in the government. They should understand the pace and flow of client expectations and how to meet and exceed them.
The responsibilities for this role will include:
• Helping to manage client accounts – Will serve as an external and internal representative on multiple corporate and advocacy clients. This individual must be comfortable handling strategic planning and daily execution of services for the client, as well as communicating effectively with the lead client representatives.
• Account responsibilities include – Managing internal team members assigned to work on a given account, running point on deliverables, and ensuring meetings and products are delivered to the client on time and in line with the high expectations we set for our client relationships. A successful candidate will be just as comfortable with drafting a memo outlining long-term strategic planning suggestions as they are with picking up the phone and calling a national media correspondent as they are with working hand-in-hand with the client to execute a major announcement.
• Helping the office juggle multiple workstreams – Requests from clients will often come in fast, furious and at the same time. This individual should be able to help produce communications plans, statements and materials for distribution to the press, and social content on a moment’s notice. This person should be a team player who can help to divide the workload in real time as requests come in, as well as see around corners.
Additional qualifications include:
• 4+ years of communications and media relations experience
• Existing or ability to build reporter relationships
• Strong writing skills
• Management capabilities
• Ability to work in a fluid environment.
• Attention to detail and high level of organizational rigor
Salary: commensurate with experience.
BPI offers a competitive salary, annual bonus opportunity, 100% paid health care for employees, twelve weeks paid parental leave, generous personal leave, a 401k and other benefits.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bully Pulpit Interactive provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants for employment regardless of gender identity, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status, matriculation, personal appearance, genetic information or other protected group status.