Direct Marketing Specialist (New York, NY or Washington, DC)
We at Bully Pulpit Interactive are seeking a full-time Associate to join our growing teams in New York and DC.
You love a lot of moving pieces and can lead multiple projects at a time. You love checking things off your list and finding creative ways to get things done. You hold yourself and your teammates accountable to extraordinary work quality. You like being in an environment where things constantly change, you can adapt your plans well to it. You are intellectually curious and flourish with figuring out how things work. You pay attention to detail and thrive on numbers and analysis. You have a passion for all things digital and love working without constraints. You are always up to date on social media platforms – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and more.
Ideally you have 2 to 3+ years of experience in direct marketing and client management, with specialized experience running Search (Google/Bing), Social (Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn) and/or performance based Display (Google Display Network) campaigns. You are a self-starter who can independently manage self-serve advertising platforms, actively spot problems/opportunities, independently implement campaign adjustments and report on campaign success. You are expected to have some experience training colleagues on digital marketing platforms.
• Develop direct marketing strategies based on client goals, target audiences, budgets and available creative – and explain your strategy to colleagues and clients
• Lead the execution of digital advertising campaigns on “self-serve” Search, Social and Display platforms
• Implement audience and creative segmentation on “self-serve” Search, Social and Display platforms
• Independently mentor and train colleagues on direct marketing best practices and launch/optimization approaches
• Create client-ready reports, presentations and memos
• Manage several digital advertising campaigns – with varied objectives and budgets – at the same time without error
• Analyze campaign performance to derive insights and adjust your strategy accordingly
• Collaborate with designers, content strategists, media planners, and client managers to ensure successful campaigns for our clients
• Draft agendas for meetings, communicate with clients in person, via email and via phone, and hold team members accountable to project deadlines
Required Experience and Skills:
• 2+ years of digital advertising experience with an agency, campaign or internal marketing team
• A firm understanding of marketing objectives including but not limited to setting return on investment, cost per acquisition, and revenue goals
• Knowledge of Google AdWords, Bing, DCM, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube advertising platforms. You are expected to have the skills to launch campaigns on at least one of these platforms on your first day. This is not an entry level role.
• Understanding of how to manage self-serve advertising budgets and how to best spend advertising dollars with an eye toward efficiency and effectiveness
•Strong analytical skills and ability to communicate results to senior-level audiences.
• Ability to independently optimize campaigns to achieve peak performance, primarily to track CPA and return on investment goals.
• Fluency in Microsoft Excel
• Experience with CRM systems including BSD Tools, Salsa, Convio or SilverPop
• Experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager or Adobe Analytics
• Working knowledge of A/B testing programs such as Optimizely
• Basic experience with copywriting and creative development for digital advertising platforms such as Facebook and Search
Submit resume at email@example.com.
Bully Pulpit Interactive provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants for employment regardless of gender identity, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status, matriculation, personal appearance, genetic information or other protected group status.