Director of People Operations (Washington, DC)
Bully Pulpit Interactive (BPI) is a digitally-based marketing and communications agency that wins hearts and changes minds for companies and causes. We communicate without barriers and measure what matters. BPI specializes in public affairs, corporate reputation and social impact. A growing firm based in Washington, DC, New York, Chicago and San Francisco, BPI is seeking a full-time Director of People Operations to join our growing team.
You love a work environment with a lot of moving pieces and can manage multiple projects simultaneously. You are a problem solver and enjoy the challenge of finding creative ways to get things done. You are comfortable working with multiple internal and external stakeholders. Your analytical and writing skills are strong. You would be excited to work at the intersection of politics, issue advocacy and business. You like being in an environment where things constantly change—and you can adapt your role to it.
This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and leads the development and implementation of organizational effectiveness, talent management and professional development programs aimed at recruiting, developing, cultivating and retaining the best staff and delivering innovative, high value work to our clients.
The Director of People Operations will develop and oversee staff development and learning program for all staff to make sure everyone is performing at the level they desire and has the skills, resources and training to move ahead in the organization.
The ideal candidate will have a respectful and energetic style, the ability to collaborate with all members of the organization, and will positively influence and maintain alignment with the core values and goals of the organization. The position is based in BPI’s Washington, DC office.
• Lead BPI’s recruitment efforts, coordinating the work of senior leadership and external recruiting assets.
• Ensure that policies and systems related recruitment, hiring, performance management, training and development are in place and being followed across all offices, to help grow and retain our world-class team.
• Champion BPI’s culture and work with leadership to retain and strengthen that culture as we grow
• Provide guidance, support to staff and make sure we have the right training, mentorship and coaching programs in place to develop strong managers.
• Engage with employees, lead on development and timing of internal communications.
• Oversee all committees and programs related to talent recruitment and development, including our fellows committee and diversity and inclusion programs.
• Monitor the use of data entered into CRM systems to ensure effective use across the organization.
• Focus on end-to-end development of initiatives, including the ability to conduct surveys, review and analyze data, distill insights, create action plans and constantly monitor and adjust programs.
• Assist the COO with the preparation of presentations and reports.
• Over time, understand current business process and key business drivers.
• Analyze and understand current process and historical and industry trends to help drive future decision-making and future forecasting.
• Provide analytical support to COO in the context of people operations to identify growth opportunities and achieve growth initiatives.
• Ensure across all teams and offices that our hiring, talent development and incentives align with our core values.
• Passionate about people, their growth and development.
• Understand the intersection of processes, HR solutions and great talent.
• Able to shift priorities quickly while maintaining a high degree of organization and control.
• Able to effectively communicate the insights gained from research and analysis.
• Self-motivated, and able to think under pressure and quick turnaround timelines.
• Strong problem-solving skills with strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to discover areas for improvement and start, drive and own projects to deliver results.
• Ability to think big picture and understand how BPI’s strategic vision would translate management and culture initiatives.
• Extremely strong writing skills with experience developing presentations and business memos.
• Experience with system implementation and deployment.
• Experience with managing multiple projects and delivering on time.
• Experience working in a fast-paced business environment.
• You can engage a room with your presentation skills and clearly communicate ideas to various stakeholders.
• You enjoy transforming data into compelling visualizations and clearly defined dashboards.
• You do not like process for the sake of process.
• You have experience taking fun seriously and you naturally understand that work isn’t work when you love what you do.
• You either have the work experience, education or passion for finding the right people and helping them grow in their career.
Location: Washington, DC, preferably
Employee Status: Full-Time.
Salary: Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Bully Pulpit Interactive is an equal opportunity employer.
Benefits: BPI offers a competitive benefits package including health care and 401K benefits.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bully Pulpit Interactive provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants for employment regardless of gender identity, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status, matriculation, personal appearance, genetic information or other protected group status.