Bully Pulpit Interactive (BPI) is a marketing and communications agency with offices in Washington, DC, New York, San Francisco, and Chicago. We are looking for a Senior Analyst to join our rapidly growing BPI Labs team. The Labs team houses BPI’s tech and product development as well as campaign analysis through our proprietary Vantage survey platform. We are looking for a strong critical thinker and data enthusiast willing to help us tackle our toughest research challenges. We’re on the leading (occasionally bleeding) edge of ad technology, and the learning curve is quick and steep. We need people who are ready to solve problems and apply a data-driven mindset to the work we do for our clients.
• Being the lead strategist in charge of marketing measurement for a portfolio of advocacy, political, and corporate clients
• Planning, designing, and explaining experiments to stakeholders with a variety of backgrounds and experiences
• Communicating analytical outcomes to clients, while drawing clear strategic conclusions grounded in data
• Help define new product features or paths based on internal and external feedback
• 3-4 years’ experience (in an academic or professional setting) using quantitative analysis to solve real world problems.
• Experience interpreting the results of randomized controlled experiments, and familiarity with the concepts of statistical significance
• You’re passionate about technology and love learning new software/platforms
• You’re an experienced problem-solver, who can draw clear conclusions for people with
different backgrounds grounded in shared empirical understanding
• Comfortable manipulating and analyzing complex data from varying sources using tools like
R, Excel, or Tableau
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, and a robust attention to detail
Nice to Have Additions:
• You like coming to work every day and collaborating with a team of people as driven as you are
• You’re comfortable working with other teams and clients who may be in other cities across the country
• You’re motivated to solve problems on behalf of an incredibly diverse set of clients, from progressive political organizations to Fortune 500 companies to non-profit and advocacy organizations
• Expertise and comfort in a specific facet of the digital space, whether Social Listening, SEO, Facebook campaign optimizations, or something else.
• Conceptual understanding of the way large data sets are stored in relational databases, or the way analysts manipulate data using languages like SQL, R, or Python
• An understanding of the advertising process (digital or otherwise)
Location: Washington, DC, San Francisco, Chicago, or New York
Employee Status: Full-Time
Salary: Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Benefits: BPI offers a competitive benefits package including health care and 401k benefits
Submit resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bully Pulpit Interactive provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants for employment regardless of gender identity, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status, matriculation, personal appearance, genetic information or other protected group status.