Senior Communications Talent (Washington, DC, New York, NY, Chicago, IL or San Francisco, CA)
Bully Pulpit Interactive (BPI) is a digitally based marketing and communications agency that wins hearts and changes minds for companies and causes. We communicate without barriers and measure what matters. BPI specializes in public affairs, corporate reputation and social impact. A growing firm based in Washington DC, New York, Chicago and San Francisco, BPI is looking for a motivated, connected and collaborative senior communications professional to join the firm in any of our four offices.
BPI works alongside our clients to bring integrated communications and advertising campaigns to companies and organizations.
A successful candidate will bring significant communications experience to the table, preferably with some time spent on campaigns, in corporate communications, at a PR agency or in the government. They should understand the pace and flow of client expectations and how to meet and exceed them.
The responsibilities for this role will include:
• Managing client accounts – Will serve as the lead representative on a wide-ranging advocacy project as well as other accounts where they may be in a lead or support role. This individual must be comfortable handling strategic planning and daily execution of services for the client, as well as communicating effectively with the lead client representatives, which often include senior management or executive level decision-makers.
• Account responsibilities include managing internal team members assigned to work on a given account and ensuring meetings and products are delivered to the client on time and in line with the high expectations we set for our client relationships. A successful candidate will be just as comfortable with drafting a memo outlining high-level and long-term strategic planning suggestions as they are with picking up the phone and calling a national media correspondent as they are with working hand-in-hand with the client to execute a major announcement.
• Developing new business – Will have a valuable role to play in BPI’s efforts to develop new business and create relationships with potential future clients. He or she should be capable of creating new relationships and building on the firm’s existing relationships with prospective clients, producing and delivering proposals for client pitches, participating in pitch meetings and generally helping to thinking creatively about industry areas BPI might want to move into.
• Brand Support/Thought Leadership – Will be closely involved in internal efforts to manage the BPI brand through a variety of platforms. This may include helping to develop content for our blog and social media channels, representing BPI at events and conferences, participating in panels or delivering talks about communications strategy while representing the agency and other potential avenues or networking opportunities that might come up.
Additional qualifications include:
• 5-10 years of communications and media relations experience
• Strong reporter relationships
• Strong writing skills
• Management capabilities
• Ability to work in a fluid environment.
Salary: commensurate with experience.
BPI offers a competitive salary, annual bonus opportunity, 100% paid health care for employees, twelve weeks paid parental leave, generous personal leave, a 401k and other benefits.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Bully Pulpit Interactive provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants for employment regardless of gender identity, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status, matriculation, personal appearance, genetic information or other protected group status.