Bully Pulpit Interactive (BPI), a groundbreaking marketing and advertising agency, is expanding and looking to add a Staff Accountant to their Washington, DC office. Working with Fortune 100 clients, non-profits, and various progressive organizations, this organization prides itself on their collaborative forward-thinking culture.
The Staff Accountant will report to the Controller and be part of a small but growing team of financial professionals. This person will have a range of responsibilities and support the Controller for audits, financial systems and other ad hoc duties. Thus, the incumbent will represent their collaborative culture and will not be afraid to “roll up their sleeves.”
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting with monthly close duties.
• Review, approve, and pay expense reimbursements.
• Manage the corporate credit card program by ensuring expense reports are submitted by each cardholder, review receipts and ensure credit card charges are in accordance with company policy.
• Balancing transaction feeds related to Accounts payable between NetSuite & Concur.
• Record bank activity into the accounting system each day.
• Record corporate credit card activity daily.
• Assisting with payroll during the month.
• Accounts Receivable, invoicing and collection.
• Reconcile balance sheet accounts each month.
• Support annual audit and special projects as needed.
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
• At least two years of full cycle monthly close experience.
• Accounts Receivable experience.
• Payroll experience.
• Experience working on an audit a plus!
• Experience with NetSuite and Concur a plus!
• Good verbal and email communications skills.
• Ability to perform basic functions and formulas in Excel.
• Attention to detail.
• Demonstrate initiative and be able to work independently.
Location: Washington, DC
Employee Status: Full-Time
Salary: Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Benefits: BPI offers a competitive benefits package including health care and 401k benefits
Submit resume and cover letter at email@example.com.
Bully Pulpit Interactive provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants for employment regardless of gender identity, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status, matriculation, personal appearance, genetic information or other protected group status.